Removal of Encroachment & Widening of Roads From Khuwaja Corporation Chowk to Askari XIV Rawalpindi
Water Supply Improvement
- 2x new Tube wells have been connected with water supply system.
- Work on water supply from Gorakhpur to Askari XIV has been started. About 10 Km line has been completed.
- Efforts are in hand to make up shortfall before Ramadan. Project Cost Rs. 1 Billion.
- New Tube wells being developed in different places including Gorakhpur.
- Water divining carried out in different places.
Linking of Small Bores Sector C
- Both Under Ground Water Tanks (50000 Gallons and 20000 Gallons) interconnected with with 2” pipe.
- 1x new small bore 6” developed.
- Old bores refreshed to acquire acceptable quantity of water
- 7x Small bores linked with 2x Under Ground Water Tanks.
Linking of 50000 Under Ground Water Tank with 86 x Housing Units
- On Self Help basis existing Under Ground Water Tanks 50000 Gallons has been linked with 86x unit for provision of water
- Water Bowzer filling point has also been established for emergency. Last week
of March 96x Water Bowzers were filled from the said point
Safety / Beautification / Upkeep of Colony
- Fire points established at 3x locations
- Auxiliary engine with pumping system of Fire Cracker made operational
- New fire fighting purchased and organizational structure re-framed
Maintenance / Cleanliness and Sweeping
- Sweeping of Colony commence at 0600 hrs
- Speed Breakers constructed at sensitive places
- Street Lights modified to economize and conserve energy
- 10000 plants procured & distributed to all colonies in Rawalpindi
- Comprehensive Tree plantation being executed
- Meadows have been dressed
- Trimming of Trees of colony
- Own Nursery developed, presently 4000 plants being nurtured
- Flower pots placed near commercial markets